Urban Growth London are running sessions at The Jetty in Greenwich every week to improve your gardening skills in a beautiful riverside location.
Every Monday and Thursday from 10-1 we will be hosting structured volunteering sessions to support aspiring and experienced gardeners alike, to improve their skills and enjoy the therapeutic benefits of growing food & flowers.
This is a totally unique venue: 7 polytunnels on a pier in the Thames, where we grow a huge range of plants that will provide novel opportunities for everyone. Because of the huge covered area, we garden comfortably in all weathers, and there is a cafe on site where you can enjoy freshly harvested produce on your plate. We also run training sessions on the 1st and 3rd Saturdays of each month, from 12-3. See the schedule for the special monthly topics.
Saturday special monthly sessions:
- 28th July: how to take cuttings & reproduce plants for free
- 18th August: How to take Botanical photos with your phone
- 15th September: Design and planting scheme and plant identification
- 20th October: how to dry and store herbs. Making herby salt £2 per jar.
- 17th Nov: how to maintain gardening tools
- 15th December: growing vegetables in winter